What is Nordic Walking?
Nordic walking is an enhancement of ordinary walking - it makes something we can all do, twice as effective! It is a specific fitness technique not simply walking with poles like trekking poles or rambling.
Nordic walking poles are planted behind you in order to propel you along and engage the upper body, core muscles as well as legs. This makes it easier to work quite hard!
In order to gain maximum benefit from Nordic walking it is essential you learn the correct technique from a qualified Instructor who is licensed by Nordic Walking UK
Love to move - Saracens Sports Foundation Video
Why Nordic Walking?
- Burns 20-40% more calories than normal walking
- Works the whole body
- Easy to learn
- Sociable and fun
- Lessens impact on joints
- Suitable for everyone
- Great for neck, shoulders and backs
- Can be done anywhere
- Green exercise
- Helps emotional well-being and social isolation
What do I need?
- Waterproof jacket
- Activity walking trousers
- Walking shoes – Waterproof (not leather)
- Waterproof socks
- Suitable hat
- Layes of T shirts and base layers